Andy Gruenbaum: The Academic Side
Starting in the Fall of 1997, I began an MBA program at Franklin University. It has been a challenge balancing all aspects of a busy family life, but I truly believe the experience has better prepared me for opportunities I will be encountering in the rapidly changing work environment. Besides that, I REALLY enjoy spending my weekends doing nothing but homework.
The program places special attention on the group interaction necessary to complete projects. This process has given me great insight into how I can use my skills to successfully contribute to any team that I am a part of.
MBA 601-Management Skills Portfolio
- Jamming: The Art And Discipline Of Business Creativity by John Kao
- First Things First by Stephen R. Covey
- Quantum Learning: Unleashing The Genius In You by Bobbi DePorter with Mike Hernacki
- The Whole Brain Business Book: Unlocking the Power of Whole Brain Thinking in Organization and Individuals by Ned Herrmann
- Numerous Handouts providing by the instructor.
- A variety of personality instruments to evaluate students overall profile.
- Personal Development Plan: The purpose of this assignment was to present a plan for personal development. Special attention was given to creativity in outlining the process.
- First Things First Book Review
MBA 621-Financial Management
- Financial Management: Theory and Practice, 8th Edition by Eugene F. Brigham and Louis C. Gapenski
- Numerous Harvard Review Case Studies were also read and discussed throughout the class.
- The Wall Street Journal
- Financial Analysis Project
- Corporate Financial Report for Sprint, Part 1 and Tables
- Corporate Financial Report for Sprint, Part 2 and Tables
MBA 604-Organizational Dynamics
- Built To Last: Successful Habits Of Visionary Companies by James C. Collins and Jerry I. Porras
- Numerous handouts selected and circulated by the instructor.
MBA 623-Marketing Management
Marketing Management: Analysis, Planning, Implementation, and Control, 9th Edition, by Philip KotlerText
- Numerous handouts providing by the instructor.
- Highlights Case Study
- Reaction Paper
- Marketing Audit
- Group Project – Aromotone
- Press Release
- Final Paper
MBA 682-Information Technology In A Global Environment
- Their was no text for this class. There were extensive handouts selected and circulated by the instructor. Often 3 or 4 per week.
- The reading and discussing of case studies was also an important part of the class.
MBA 603-Business Strategy
- Gaining and Sustaining Competitive Advantage by Jay B. Barney
- Extensive discussion of recent Intel case study.
- Numerous other handouts selected by the instructor.
- Competitive Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Delta-H Development Plan: The class was broke into groups. Each group was assigned a different company to evaluate. Although assignments were handed in along the way, the final presentation to the owner of the company was the real test of the strategy devised.
MBA 628-Improving Organizational Performance
- Fabled Service: Ordinary Acts, Extraordinary Outcomes by Betsy Sanders
- The Memory Jogger Plus+ (Featuring the Seven Management and Planning Tools) by Michael Brassard
- Application Paper
- Book Critique
- Group Project: The final group project was a presentation on the improvement of a process at one of our companies.
MBA 663-International Business
- International Business: Competing In The Global Marketplace by Charles W. L. Hill
- Total Global Strategy: Managing For Worldwide Competitive Advantage by George S. Yip
- Book Review and Bibliography
- Country Analysis and Bibliography
- Group Project: An interactive game was written for the computer. The purpose of the game was to provide a framework for all classes that followed us. The game used an Access database and Visual Basic front end.
MBA 681-Project Management
- Project Management for the 21st Century by Bennet P. Lientz and Kathryn P. Rea
- None Available
MBA 680-New Product Development
- Winning At New Products: Accelerating the Process from Idea to Launch, 2nd Edition by Robert Gravlin Cooper
- None Available
642-Influencing Organizational Change
- The Accelerating Organization by Maira/Scott-Morgan
- Personal Change Paper
- Book Critique
- Change Project
MBA 653-Integrated Learning Experience (Capstone)
- Final Document (This is a large file in PDF format)